HR & RECRUITMENT INTERN - UNPAID CO-OP OPPORTUNITY (Remote - Winter 2023)
Multiple Locations: Mississauga, ON, Canada • Ottawa, ON, Canada • Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Requisition Number: 2667
Position Title: Unpaid Co-Op
Are you looking for hands-on work experience in a positive and thriving work environment? Are you driven, hard-working, and possess a competitive spirit? Would you like to have fun while adding vital real-world experience to your resume? Randstad Canada, the country's largest provider of staffing and HR solutions, is currently seeking eligible students.
At Randstad Interim Inc. ("Randstad Canada"), we are always in search of great people to help make the best team in the business even better. The Staffing team facilitates a Co-op Work Placement Program and we are searching for fifteen (15) UNPAID co-op students (Remote/Full-time-Part time) in our Randstad Staffing division.
As a Randstad student, you will use your creativity, initiative, and tenacity to source business leads from prospective clients and help match job seekers with the right opportunities. Your input will be heard as you qualify as a business lead, conduct reference, and background checks, screen resumes, and interview candidates. You will also develop valuable skills as you "pitch" Randstad's service offering, mine and source candidates, develop valuable recruitment research and strategies, and handle numerous other important tasks. But most importantly you will be a part of a real team environment where you will receive a high level of support from dedicated individuals who believe in what they do.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work on the full process of a high volume recruitment
- Sourcing candidates
- Complete full interview process
- Help onboard candidates with our clients
What are we looking for?
- Fifteen (15) students flexible (Full time *30 hours minimum and/or part time *20 hours minimum to work remotely.)
- Students eligible to work for the Winter Term (January to April 2023).
- Students currently enrolled in a Human Resources Program (will be able to provide WSIB).
- Personable and reliable.
- High level of energy and self-confidence.
- A strong work ethic and sense of commitment.
- Interest for all aspects of an HR Generalist
What's in it for you?
- Develop a foundation for a successful career in the area of HR and Recruitment.
- Gain valuable experience and transferable skills (ie. responsibility, teamwork, flexibility, critical thinking, and communication).
- Polish skills further through training, support, and learning opportunities.
- Receive support provided through a team of mentors, coaches ensuring you get the most of your time here at Randstad.
- Build confidence while improving your resume.
- Network and connect with valuable professional contacts.
- Potential for contract or full-time positions upon completion of the work term.
- A letter of reference from your manager upon successful completion of the program.
- Opportunity to work with an organization with strong social responsibility
Randstad Canada’s Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Randstad Canada is committed to fostering a workforce reflective of all peoples of Canada. As a result, we are committed to developing and implementing strategies to increase the equity, diversity and inclusion within the workplace by examining our internal policies, practices, and systems throughout the entire lifecycle of our workforce, including its recruitment, retention and advancement for all employees. In addition to our deep commitment to respecting human rights, we are dedicated to positive actions to affect change to ensure everyone has full participation in the workforce free from any barriers, systemic or otherwise, especially equity-seeking groups who are usually underrepresented in Canada’s workforce, including those who identify as women or non-binary/gender non-conforming; Indigenous or Aboriginal Peoples; persons with disabilities (visible or invisible) and; members of visible minorities, racialized groups and the LGBTQ2+ community.
Randstad Canada is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace for all its candidates and employees by supporting their accessibility and accommodation needs throughout the employment lifecycle. We ask that all job applications please identify any accommodation requirements by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure their ability to fully participate in the interview process.
Community / Marketing Title: HR & RECRUITMENT INTERN - UNPAID CO-OP OPPORTUNITY (Remote - Winter 2023)
Line of Business: Randstad Staffing
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mississauga, Ontario CA